St. Therese Guild wishes to welcome the women of the parish and invite them to any or all the Guild’s gatherings from September through May. At these gatherings, we join with other parish women in service and prayer while we enjoy food, activities, games, entertainment, guest speakers, and occasional prizes.
This September of 2017, St. Therese Guild begins its 70 th year of involvement in Little Flower Parish promoting and supporting numerous projects and events.
The Guild Mission is to assist in a spiritual and material way any parish, church, deanery or diocesan activity that may be recommended by the Pastor and the Guild President. It also is to establish closer relationships among the women of the parish for the benefit of the parish.
All women of the parish are automatically member of the St. Therese Guild. Dues are not mandatory. However, in an effort to assist in a material way to meet the needs of the parish a small annual fee of $5 a year is suggested. Of course, larger donations are accepted and appreciated.
The St. Therese Guild has 3 major fundraisers each year. In September, the Guild has its annual Bakeless Bake Sale. In November, the Guild sponsors a craft booth at the Annual PTC Craft Bazaar. The Guild comes together to create a craft for the sale as well as accepts any individual’s handmade crafts donated to the sale. Then in the spring, the Guild holds its Geranium Sales. It is our largest fundraiser of the year. All profits are used for the needs of the parish community.
Below is a list of some of the ministries the St. Therese Guild participates in, events we provide for, and activities members help with.
- Provide food, supplies and volunteers for Funeral Luncheons of parishioners who request this service
- Donate to Holy Family Food Pantry’s Thanksgiving food drive
- Provide funds and volunteers for parish grounds improvement
- Provide supplies and volunteers to Vacation Bible School
- Provide an auction item and desserts for the Annual Silent Auction fundraiser for Little Flower School
- Provide volunteers to help with Meals on Wheels
- Provide desserts at a Men’s Club meeting as a thank you for all the Men’s Club does in partnering with Guild
- Participate in St. Therese Guild Sunday by celebrating Mass together with the Parish
- Donate craft items and volunteers at the Annual School Craft Bazaar
- Represent Little Flower Parish at the DCCW Conference
- Organize the parish Angel Tree at Christmas
- Send cards to homebound, ailing, or grieving parishioner
- Choose a parishioner to be honored by the Bishop as our “Women of Distinction”
The St. Therese Guild invites your participation in our important ministry in our Little Flower Parish Community.
We look forward to welcoming new members as well as welcoming back all previous members! Please join us!
A list of dates and times for our meetings and activities are always listed in the church bulletin, Father’s News to Use emails, the parish website or see us on our new Little Flower St. Therese Guild Facebook page!
More Little Flower Club Organizations